Proceedings of the conference can be downloaded here
(Free from 15/11/2021 to 13/12/2021)
The scientific committee is proud to present a novel initiative, within the aims of IFToMM Cross Disciplinary Group 1 (Securing our Future Environment – Air, Water, Energy), entitled IFToMM for Sustainable Development Goals, I4SDG.
It will be an ONLINE WORKSHOP oriented to involve researchers and encourage them to interact on the themes of the SDGs, to start new method for networking and to operate dissemination activities.
I4SDG 2021 Plenary Lectures
Plenary lecture 1: Thursday 25 November 9.30-10.00 CET (Central European Time)
Arturo Baroncelli: "Industrial and Service Robotics: History, Statistics, State of the art, Opportunities towards Sustainability"
Arturo Baroncelli has been in Robotics industry from 1985 to 2020 firstly in Olivetti and then and in Comau S.P.A., Turin, Italy.
President of the IFR, International Federation of Robotics, in 2013 - 2015, and member of the Executive Board from 2008 to 2018.
He was presented with the Joseph Engelberger Award in Tokyo in 2005, the most important Prize in Robotics Industry world-wide.
Honorary Board Member of SIRI, the Italian Robotics association.
Plenay lecture 2: Friday 26 November, 9.00-9.30 CET (Central European Time)
Mehmet İsmet Can Dede: “Understanding the role of IFToMM activities for achieving SDGs”
Dr. Dede is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Izmir Institute of Technology, Turkey. His main areas of research are robotics, teleoperation, haptics and controls. Currently, he is serving as an Executive Council Member of IFToMM for his second term.
Sustaineble Developement Goals (link):
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institution
- Partnership for the Goals
The aims of the Workshop are to
- Present IFToMM as an active world organization that can contribute to United Nation 2030 Development Agenda
- Present and Highlight all the research activities realized in IFToMM community that can contribute to reach some target within SDG, Sustainable Development Goals
- Increase the awareness related to SDG in IFToMM scientific community.
- Generate a network of active researcher, with specific interest on effects of new technologies on sustainable world
- Foster dialogue between technologists and humanists.
Call for Papers
The Call for Papers can be downloaded here
Full paper or extenden abstract submission:
Notification of acceptance: 23/06/2021
Registration before: 30/09/2021
Final paper submission: 15/07/2021